Tuesday, November 30, 2010

cardamon donuts

I've been wanting to bake donuts for a long time, but I've been looking for a way to make them healthier. A few weeks ago I was in Cost Plus World Market and I found a really good donut mix. Like my pumpkin pancakes, I switched out the regular add-in ingredients for vegan alternatives. I also mixed in some extra baking soda, vanilla, and cardamon. With my switches, I was able to get each of serving down to 21 calories!

I didn't take a picture of the mix that I used, but this is the brand: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4097871

Since these turned out so well, I'm going to have to find a recipe to make them from scratch.

cardamon donuts rolled in powered sugar.
i don't have a donut pan yet, so i used my pumpkin shaped muffin pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment